PR, Media, and Advertising
Adventurous Kate: The Solo Female Travel Blog is the leading blog geared toward female independent travelers.
Since Kate McCulley started Adventurous Kate in early 2010, it has since become one of the best examples of easy, safe, and adventurous solo travel for women, while retaining its trademark self-deprecating humor and fun-loving voice.
Few travel niches are growing faster than solo female travel, as voices like Kate’s show women how easy, safe, and fun it can be to travel the world alone.
Audience Profile and Demographics
Adventurous Kate is targeted toward female travelers, solo travelers, and adventure travelers with the goal of inspiring women to travel more often, more easily, and more adventurously.
The demographics reflect this: visitors to AdventurousKate.com tend to be female, highly educated, age 25-49, primarily from the United States and United Kingdom, and mostly without children.
Adventurous Kate also also attracts male and female readers of all ages researching world travel. Dominant countries are the United States (39%) and the United Kingdom (13%), followed by Canada (6%) and Australia (6%).
- Monthly Unique Visitors: 70,000+
- Monthly Visits: 100,000+
- Monthly Pageviews: 220,000+
- RSS Subscribers: 3,500+
- Newsletter Subscribers: 1,500+
- Newsletter Open Rate: 52%
Social Media Statistics
- Twitter followers: 18,000+
- Facebook fans: 10,000+
- YouTube Subscribers: 200+
- YouTube Views: 100,000+
- Instagram Followers: 3,100+
- Klout Score: 71
Independent Site Statistics
- Alexa Rank: 46,241
- Alexa Rank, USA: 31,729
- Alexa Rank, UK: 13,222
- Google Page Rank: 4
Campaigns, Partnerships, and Press Trips
Kate prefers custom trips designed for her audience: budget adventure travel trips with time for independent discovery.
A campaign, or a themed travel series on AdventurousKate.com, is an excellent way to promote your destination to our audience of highly educated and adventure-loving female travelers, and many tourism boards and companies take advantage of this opportunity.
Most Recent Campaigns
- Blogville Emilia-Romagna with Emilia-Romagna Tourism – October 2013, June 2013
- Northern Territory Adventure with Northern Territory Tourism — September 2013
- Meet South Africa with South Africa Tourism — May 2013
- Local Living Southern Tuscany with G Adventures — April 2013
- Blogmanay with Visit Scotland — December 2012-January 2013
- In Rhone-Alpes with Tourism Rhone-Alpes — December 2012
- Galaxy Traveler with Samsung — November 2012
- Discovering South Africa with South Africa Tourism — October-November 2012
- Surf and Turf of Costa Brava with Visit Costa Brava — September 2012
- Into the Douro Valley with Porto and North Tourism — September 2012
- Discovering the Faroe Islands with Visit Faroe Islands — June 2012
- Croatia Island Hopping with Busabout — June 2012
- Adventure in Iceland with the Iceland Tourist Board – May 2012
- Food, Wine, and Handicrafts of Umbria with Umbria Region Tourism – April 2012
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain with Busabout — March 2012
- Up Helly Aa in Shetland Islands with Haggis Adventures — January-February 2012
- Stylish Paris with Elegancia Hotels — January 2012
- Jordan for Solo Female Travelers with the Jordan Tourism Board – November 2011
- Delicious Emilia Romagna with Emilia-Romagna Tourism – October 2011
- Salzburg for Music Lovers with Austria Tourism and Salzburg Tourism – September 2011
- Why Go to Liechtenstein? with Tourismus Liechtenstein – August-September 2011
- Adventure in Tirol with Innsbruck Tourism and Tirol Tourism – August 2011
- Race to the Alamo with the San Antonio Convention and Visitors Bureau – August 2011
- Surfing and Yoga in Mexico with Nourish Retreats — May-June 2011
Other Trips and Activities
In addition to these campaigns, Kate reviews travel activities and lodging around the world, including but not limited to adventure activities, classes and lessons and interesting and unusual lodging.
Kate seeks out partnerships with companies that reflect her values: companies that make it easier for women to travel safely, frequently, and adventurously; companies that prioritize travel for all people; companies that don’t dumb down travel for women; companies that demonstrate commitment to sustainable travel.
Sponsorships can take many forms — on a one-off basis, a campaign basis, or a long-term basis. Sponsorships may include branded content posts; banner advertising; chats, contests, and other tie-ins; social media features; brand ambassadorship; and/or representing the company at events around the globe.
Whether you work for a travel company or a company only tangentially related to travel, if you fulfill the above requirements, chances are we could work very well together. Please use the contact form below for more details.
Kate is available for interviews, TV appearances, speaking engagements, focusing on topics of travel, lifestyle design, and blogging. She has appeared in publications including the Times of Malta, The Boston Globe, and on NPR’s Talk of the Nation. To book her, please contact her at the email below.
Advertising on AdventurousKate.com takes three forms:
Branded content posts, meaning blog posts that promote products or services.
Banner and video ads, either on selected pages or throughout the site.
Social media promotion on a variety of social networks, including the newsletter.
Posts that contain branded content clearly disclose this fact.