Work With Kate
In an April 2014 survey, 88 Adventurous Kate readers indicated that they had traveled to places because they read about them on this site.
The destinations were varied — six traveled to Emilia-Romagna, Italy; 10 traveled to the island of Koh Lanta, Thailand. In 2012, Kate went on Haggis Adventures’ Up Helly Aa tour; three of her readers were among the 24 participants on the 2013 tour.
In short: Adventurous Kate’s readers travel, and they often travel in her footsteps. An additional 55 readers are currently planning their first trip to a place they’re visiting because they read about it on this site.
Since Kate McCulley started Adventurous Kate in early 2010, it has since become one of the web’s most prominent sites focused on independent travel for women, and particularly solo travel for women.
Kate’s ultimate goal is to show that solo female travel can be safe, easy, and a lot of fun.
“Kate, in my eyes, is a near perfect travel blogger for three reasons: she is completely 100% honest, without scaremongering; her blog is personal, offering stories and experiences that could never be found in a guide book; her posts are eternally useful with tips and details to help you find the confidence to travel anywhere.”
Audience Profile and Demographics
The typical Adventurous Kate reader is female (84%), 25-34 (51%) and American (35%). A staggering 79% hold at least a bachelor’s degree and a majority travel internationally at least once per year and domestically several times per year.
Geographic breakdown: 35% USA, 12% UK, 7% Canada, 7% Australia, 3% Thailand
(Sources: 2014 Adventurous Kate survey of 961 respondents, Google Analytics)
- Monthly Unique Visitors: 250,000+
- Monthly Sessions: 290,000+
- Monthly Pageviews: 450,000+
- Newsletter Subscribers: 5,000+
- Newsletter Open Rate: 40%+
Social Media Statistics
- Twitter followers: 47,000+
- Facebook fans: 51,000+
- YouTube Subscribers: 800+
- YouTube Views: 250,000+
- Instagram Followers: 91,000+
- Snapchat Views: 5,500+ per snap
- Pinterest Followers: 4,200+
- Klout Score: 71
Independent Site Statistics
- Google Page Rank: 4
- Domain Authority: 53/100
- Page Authority: 58/100
- Alexa Rank: 33,022
- Alexa Rank, USA: 20,090
- Alexa Rank, UK: 13,590
Three advertising options are available at this time:
Branded Content: Your product receives its own promotional post written by Kate in her own voice. It will be shared three times on Twitter and once each on Facebook and Pinterest, as well as pushed out to all RSS readers. The post will be featured on the front page and will stay there for the 10 most recent posts. Here is an example.
Banner Ads: Standard, video, and interactive banners are accepted throughout the site. You can see links on the right sidebar of this page.
All posts supported by advertising contain a disclosure stating so. For current rates, please contact Kate at the email below.
Kate builds targeted campaigns for both brands and destination marketing organizations. A typical campaign will include real-time social media coverage, several blog posts featuring the destination or brand, targeted social media events like Twitter chats or public Google hangouts, temporary or permanent access to photos, and/or content creation for the brand.
Kate charges a rate commensurate with the amount of work and coverage.
All campaign or sponsored travel contains a disclosure stating so.
To invite Kate to join an existing campaign or have her build a new campaign, please contact her at the email below.
Most Recent Campaigns
- Bavaria Christmas Markets with German National Tourism Board — December 2016
- Western Australia Road Trip with Tourism Western Australia and STA Travel — October 2016
- South Wales Culinary Trip with Visit Britain and Visit Wales — September 2016
- Best of Savannah with Visit Savannah — May 2016
- Discovering Puerto Rico with See Puerto Rico — February-March 2016
- Top Chef Culinary Trip with Visit California — February 2016
- Britain’s Craft Gins with UK Department for International Trade (formerly UK Trade and Investment) — October 2015
- Travel Bloggers Conference Sri Lanka with Cinnamon Hotels and Resorts — November 2014
- Best of Bergen with Visit Norway USA — September 2014
- Must Love Festivals with Visit Ireland, I Feel Slovenia, Visit Finland, Puglia Tourism, German National Tourism Board, and Expedia — June-August 2014
- Explore Croatia with Croatia Tourism — June 2014
- Blog Island with Visit Malta — April 2014
- Social Travel Summit with German National Tourism Board — April 2014
- #SouthUSA with Holiday Autos and Country Inns and Suites — March 2014
- Blogville Emilia-Romagna with Emilia-Romagna Tourism — October 2013, June 2013
- Northern Territory Adventure with Northern Territory Tourism — September 2013
- Meet South Africa with South Africa Tourism — May 2013
- Local Living Southern Tuscany with G Adventures — April 2013
- Blogmanay with Visit Scotland — December 2012-January 2013
- In Rhone-Alpes with Tourism Rhone-Alpes — December 2012
- Galaxy Traveler with Samsung — November 2012
- Discovering South Africa with South Africa Tourism — October-November 2012
- Surf and Turf of Costa Brava with Visit Costa Brava — September 2012
- Into the Douro Valley with Porto and North Tourism — September 2012
- Discovering the Faroe Islands with Visit Faroe Islands — June 2012
- Croatia Island Hopping with Busabout — June 2012
- Adventure in Iceland with the Iceland Tourist Board — May 2012
- Food, Wine, and Handicrafts of Umbria with Umbria Region Tourism — April 2012
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain with Busabout — March 2012
- Up Helly Aa in Shetland Islands with Haggis Adventures — January-February 2012
- Stylish Paris with Elegancia Hotels — January 2012
- Jordan for Solo Female Travelers with the Jordan Tourism Board — November 2011
- Delicious Emilia Romagna with Emilia-Romagna Tourism — October 2011
- Salzburg for Music Lovers with Austria Tourism and Salzburg Tourism — September 2011
- Why Go to Liechtenstein? with Tourismus Liechtenstein — August-September 2011
- Adventure in Tirol with Innsbruck Tourism and Tirol Tourism — August 2011
- Race to the Alamo with the San Antonio Convention and Visitors Bureau — August 2011
- Surfing and Yoga in Mexico with Nourish Retreats — May-June 2011
Negative Review Policy
In case of a negative experience, you will be notified prior to publication to discuss the situation privately. You will be given an opportunity to make a statement that will be published in the subsequent post, thus giving a balanced account of the issues encountered.
Kate seeks to partner with brands that reflect her values: brands that make it easier for women to travel safely, frequently, and adventurously; brands that prioritize travel for all people; brands that don’t dumb down travel for women; brands that demonstrate commitment to sustainable travel.
Brand ambassadorships are long-term partnerships promoting a brand on AdventurousKate.com and across social media channels. Each brand ambassadorship is custom-tailored depending on the needs of the brand.
Please contact Kate for details.
Kate is available for interviews, TV appearances, speaking engagements, focusing on topics of travel, lifestyle design, and blogging. She has appeared in publications including the New York Times, Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, Cosmopolitan, Glamour, Marie Claire, The Boston Globe, The Bangkok Times, and on Inside Edition.
To book her, please contact her at the email below.