In a 2019 survey, more than 312 Adventurous Kate readers indicated that they had traveled to places because they read about them on this site.
The destinations were varied — more than 20 traveled to the island of Koh Lanta in Thailand; more than 10 traveled to Bologna, Italy. Others traveled to Savannah, Georgia; New Orleans; and Nova Scotia, all after reading Kate’s coverage.
More than that, hundreds of Kate’s readers said that while they don’t necessarily choose a destination because of Kate, they always come to her site to read her recommendations. This was especially popular for Paris and New York City.
In short: Adventurous Kate’s readers travel, and they often follow in her footsteps.
Since Kate McCulley started Adventurous Kate in early 2010, it has since become one of the web’s most prominent sites focused on solo and independent travel for women.
Kate’s ultimate goal is to show that solo female travel can be safe, easy, and a lot of fun.
Kate, in my eyes, is a near-perfect travel blogger for three reasons: she is completely 100% honest, without scaremongering; her blog is personal, offering stories and experiences that could never be found in a guide book; her posts are eternally useful with tips and details to help you find the confidence to travel anywhere.
Audience Profile and demographics
A majority of readers travel internationally at least once per year and domestically several times per year. Most prefer to stay in mid-range accommodation and apartment rentals.
Monthly Unique Visitors
Social Media Statistics
- Twitter followers: 54,000+
- Facebook fans: 56,000+
- YouTube Subscribers: 800+
- YouTube Views: 250,000+
- Instagram Followers: 99,000+
- Snapchat Views: 5,500+ per snap
- Pinterest Followers: 9,700+
- Domain Authority: 63
Your product receives its own promotional post written by Kate in her own voice. It will be shared on Facebook and Twitter, as well as pushed out to all RSS readers and included in the newsletter. The post will be featured on the front page and will stay there for the 10 most recent posts. Here is an example.
All posts supported by advertising contain a disclosure stating so.
Kate builds targeted campaigns for both brands and destination marketing organizations. A typical campaign will include real-time social media coverage, one to several blog posts featuring the destination or brand, targeted social media takeovers like Instagram takeovers or Twitter chats, temporary or permanent access to photos, and/or content creation for the brand.
Kate charges a rate commensurate with the amount of work and coverage. All campaign or sponsored travel contains a disclosure stating so.
To invite Kate to join an existing campaign or have her build a new campaign, please contact her on the form below.
Most Recent Campaigns
- Solo Newfoundland Road Trip with Newfoundland and Labrador — August 2019
- Two Weeks in the Caucasus with JayWay Travel — July-August 2019
- Driving the Cabot Trail with Nova Scotia — July 2019
- Eastern Canada by Expedition Ship with OneOcean Expeditions — July 2019
- #LoveAntiguaBarbuda with Traverse Events and Antigua Tourism — May 2019
- Discover Guyana with Guyana Tourism — March 2019
- Chase Cardmember Experiences with Chase — Fall 2018
- Direct Flights to Kenya with Kenya Airways and Fairmont Hotels Kenya — October-November 2018
- Girls’ Trip to Greater Williamsburg with Visit Williamsburg — September 2018
- Beach Volleyball in Vienna with Austrian Airlines — August 2018
- Discovering Cleveland with Destination Cleveland — July 2018
- Spirit Flights to St. Croix with Spirit Airlines — June-July 2018
- Solo Female Travel in New Orleans with New Orleans and Company — May 2018
- Crossing the Antarctic Circle with Quark Expeditions — March 2018
- ANA Flights to Japan with ANA — February 2018
- Tybee Island: Savannah’s Beach with Visit Tybee — October 2017
- Finland in the Summer with Visit Finland— August-September 2017
- Vail in the Summer with Vail Mountain — August 2017
- Revisiting Your Least Favorite City with Booking.com — August 2017
- Summer in the Keys with Florida Keys Tourism — July 2017
- Summer Asheville Getaway with Explore Asheville — June 2017
- Discovering Ukraine with JayWay Travel — May 2017
- #ExperienceBucharest with various Bucharest volunteer vendors — May 2017
- First Time in the Keys with Florida Keys Tourism — February 2017
- Bavaria Christmas Markets with German National Tourism Board — December 2016
- Western Australia Road Trip with Tourism Western Australia and STA Travel — October 2016
- South Wales Culinary Trip with Visit Britain and Visit Wales — September 2016
- Best of Savannah with Visit Savannah — May 2016
- Discovering Puerto Rico with See Puerto Rico — February-March 2016
- Top Chef Culinary Trip with Visit California — February 2016
- Britain’s Craft Gins with UK Department for International Trade (formerly UK Trade and Investment) — October 2015
- Travel Bloggers Conference Sri Lanka with Cinnamon Hotels and Resorts — November 2014
- Best of Bergen with Visit Norway USA — September 2014
- Must Love Festivals with Visit Ireland, I Feel Slovenia, Visit Finland, Puglia Tourism, German National Tourism Board, and Expedia — June-August 2014
- Explore Croatia with Croatia Tourism — June 2014
- Blog Island with Visit Malta — April 2014
- Social Travel Summit with German National Tourism Board — April 2014
- #SouthUSA with Holiday Autos and Country Inns and Suites — March 2014
- Blogville Emilia-Romagna with Emilia-Romagna Tourism — October 2013, June 2013
- Northern Territory Adventure with Northern Territory Tourism — September 2013
- Meet South Africa with South Africa Tourism — May 2013
- Local Living Southern Tuscany with G Adventures — April 2013
- Blogmanay with Visit Scotland — December 2012-January 2013
- In Rhone-Alpes with Tourism Rhone-Alpes — December 2012
- Galaxy Traveler with Samsung — November 2012
- Discovering South Africa with South Africa Tourism — October-November 2012
- Surf and Turf of Costa Brava with Visit Costa Brava — September 2012
- Into the Douro Valley with Porto and North Tourism — September 2012
- Discovering the Faroe Islands with Visit Faroe Islands — June 2012
- Croatia Island Hopping with Busabout — June 2012
- Adventure in Iceland with the Iceland Tourist Board — May 2012
- Food, Wine, and Handicrafts of Umbria with Umbria Region Tourism — April 2012
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain with Busabout — March 2012
- Up Helly Aa in Shetland Islands with Haggis Adventures — January-February 2012
- Stylish Paris with Elegancia Hotels — January 2012
- Jordan for Solo Female Travelers with the Jordan Tourism Board — November 2011
- Delicious Emilia Romagna with Emilia-Romagna Tourism — October 2011
- Salzburg for Music Lovers with Austria Tourism and Salzburg Tourism — September 2011
- Why Go to Liechtenstein? with Tourismus Liechtenstein — August-September 2011
- Adventure in Tirol with Innsbruck Tourism and Tirol Tourism — August 2011
- Race to the Alamo with the San Antonio Convention and Visitors Bureau — August 2011
- Surfing and Yoga in Mexico with Nourish Retreats — May-June 2011
Kate seeks to partner with brands that reflect her values: brands that make it easier for women to travel safely, frequently, and adventurously; brands that prioritize travel for all people; brands that don’t dumb down travel for women; brands that demonstrate commitment to sustainable travel.
Brand ambassadorships are long-term partnerships promoting a brand on AdventurousKate.com and across social media channels. Each brand ambassadorship is custom-tailored depending on the needs of the brand.
Negative Review Policy
In case of a negative experience during a campaign, you will be notified prior to publication to discuss the situation privately. You will be given an opportunity to make a statement that will be published in the subsequent post, thus giving a balanced account of the issues encountered.
Kate is available for interviews, TV appearances, speaking engagements, focusing on topics of travel, lifestyle design, and blogging. She has appeared in publications including the New York Times, Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, Cosmopolitan, Glamour, Marie Claire, The Boston Globe, The Bangkok Times, and on Inside Edition.